Thursday, February 2, 2012

"Even after all this time . . .

the sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me." Look what happens with a love like that--it lights up the whole sky." ~Hafiz

Just beautiful.

I've been through every stage of emotion out there--just ask my best friends. I've been extremely depressed, extremely angry, extremely happy, and everything in between. But between all these mishaps, I find comfort in my friends. They are there to listen, to have fun, and to let me be myself. And never, ever have they asked me for something in return. I mean, they do ask for small favors, but they don't get sad and walk away if they don't get something in return . . . 

What I mean to say is that successful relationships, whether friendship, family, or love life, must not have expectations. You shouldn't assume that what you give is what you get. It doesn't always work like that. And if you do think that--that everyone will notice that you want appreciation, too, and treat you like royalty--then think again. I'm sorry, but you will be much happier if you just feel happy simply because you brought a smile to their face.

Much like the sun, I have been a "light" to many people in times of darkness. From friends to total strangers, they'd come and talk to me about their problems and I'd do whatever I can to help them. But at the end of the day, I'd feel neglected, because I felt I never got what I truly deserved. It wasn't fair that they just 'used' me like that . . . so to speak.

But then, when I met my two best friends (shout out to Rae and Brie!), they taught me differently. Suddenly, I was the one in need of help and they were the ones listening. And not once have they felt that way, as if they were being neglected. I can't tell for sure, but they never implied that they wanted attention. They found pleasure in making me smile, and I suddenly realized that's all there is to it.

That the best feeling in life is to help someone and not expect anything in return.

Hopefully, someone will do the same to you.

So, feel free to comment on personal stories, opinions, thoughts, what you want me to do tomorrow, etc!

Recap:
  • Expect nothing in return.
  • Carry out a kind act.
  • Be happy.
I promise I'll get better at these :)

Yours Truly,
Angel <3

1 comment:

  1. Should you ever require the services of a hacker or private investigator to monitor your children's day to day activities,or monitor your employees activities as well as catch a cheating spouse or other hacking related issues, i implore you to try your very best to hire this cyber professional  'hackingloop'. he will increase your chances of getting your job completed. I was able to hire the services of this elite, asides the fact that I was provided a permanent solution to the service he rendered me but he gave a very efficient customer experience. He carried me along with every process and didn't leave me in the dark. contact;'hackingloop6@gmail . c o m' Call or text him also on WhatsApp + 1 484  540 - 0785 .tell him i referred you.

    ReplyDelete