Wednesday, February 1, 2012

When in doubt, tell the truth.

Kudos to you if you know who uttered those words. He happens to be one of the greatest inspirations of mine, actually. He wrote Prince and the Pauper and The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn.


Ring a bell?


Yes, yes, it is my dear friend Mark Twain.


So, with his words of wisdom, I decided to look at his other quotes. And read his works. Soon, I was reading other quotes and other works and other goddarn awesome things and I just thought, "I can't keep this all to myself!"


So, here I am. A girl with a passion for writing that usually sparks at random intervals. A girl with a dream to travel the world and live her life yet still refuses to get up and do something with her life. A girl who listens to music constantly even though it creates thousands of plot bunnies that she's tempted not to ignore. A girl with an interest in American Sign Language yet knows she may never meet a deaf person.


A girl with a goal to tell the truth.


Though I try (and often fail) to write books, I am very fond of writing short stories and poems. But that's not all. I can't just write them on a whim. Somehow, somewhere I end up talking about my real-life experiences that, most often, can be related to by the majority of teenage girls these days. Yes, that is an admirable trait that (in the words of my friend,) "take what's literally in my head or in my diary and create it into a story that we can all relate to." Too bad the main guy characters can easily be correlated to guys in my real life. Yeah . . . not fun . . . .


Anyway, besides my rambling, I made this blog because I need to get my inspiration for writing back. I've been in a major dump recently, and I hope that these blog posts will get me back in the mood. Plus, I love reading quotes and surfing the web for awesome pictures!


I also love giving advice, so you can send me any messages you would like and I'll do a Yours Truly post anonymously, y'know, kinda like "Dear Ally" thingimabobs :D


Also, I just got into the habit of reading again. I mean, I do read, but schoolwork takes up most of my time, so the only books I do read are in the 10th grade Honors English curriculum. But nevertheless, I found time to start it again with Hate List by Jennifer Brown. I read 100 pages in one day. That is an accomplishment for me.


So, recap:

  • This blog is for: Daily Quotes, Daily Pictures, Dear Angel segments, Book Reviews, and just having fun :D
  • Mark Twain is awesome.


So, I promise I'll get better at these posts and not rambling . . . as much.



Yours Truly,
Angel <3 

1 comment:

  1. Should you ever require the services of a hacker or private investigator to monitor your children's day to day activities,or monitor your employees activities as well as catch a cheating spouse or other hacking related issues, i implore you to try your very best to hire this cyber professional  'hackingloop'. he will increase your chances of getting your job completed. I was able to hire the services of this elite, asides the fact that I was provided a permanent solution to the service he rendered me but he gave a very efficient customer experience. He carried me along with every process and didn't leave me in the dark. contact;'hackingloop6@gmail . c o m' Call or text him also on WhatsApp + 1 484  540 - 0785 .tell him i referred you.

    ReplyDelete